Pinto Engine Changes in the SCCA GCR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinto Engine Changes in the SCCA GCR

SCCA just released new updates to their GCR allowing 5.7" rods and corresponding pistons. Also the min weight on the flywheel is 10.5 not 14.4, and there is a alternate camshaft allowed too. I think we like to keep it the same so we can include their cars into our club with no changes. Making it more profitable for the MC.

Is this for the 1.6 liter or the 2.0 liter engine?

Comment

Comment

I can not remember the last time I saw a Pinto running with MC. Ron J

Comment

Ron, this about Formula cars that run the Pinto engine

Comment

I would suggest putting together something more complete. My thought initially went to production since that is what I race, but quickly realized it was likely the Ford engine. Include what class this is for. Include the GCR rule numbers as well. Include what you would like it to say instead of what it says. Without that kind of information, I doubt anyone will likely pick this up and request a change. Most likely it would go to the Formula committee chair first.
            Jared Cromas
            SCSCC Race Steward
            #111 ST2 Red 2000 Honda S2000
            #111 FP Gold/Blk 1990 Acura Integra

Comment

Originally posted by Integra111 View Post
              I would suggest putting together something more complete. My thought initially went to production since that is what I race, but quickly realized it was likely the Ford engine. Include what class this is for. Include the GCR rule numbers as well. Include what you would like it to say instead of what it says. Without that kind of information, I doubt anyone will likely pick this up and request a change. Most likely it would go to the Formula committee chair first.
              ok.

Comment

Working...
              X